Monday 3 January 2011

The Problem with the Education System...



Read the papers and talk to business leaders today and every one will scream at the top of their voice how our children are leaving school without the necessary skills to function properly in the real world. The government on the other hand will tell you that education has improved, pointing to the unprecedented rise in students achieving top grades at GCSE and A-Level. Whatever the argument, my own personal view is that the current education system is most definitely sub-standard. I increasingly found whilst in school I would have to learn things in my own time as the curriculum sure as hell wouldn't teach me, and now can only point to the blithering idiots that once were my classmates as 'evidence'. Regardless of my anecdotes, Sir Ken Robinson here more or less summarises far more eloquently my thoughts on the education system... 

2 comments:

martienn said...

hi ; *
UR blog is really amazing ! :D
i like it !
more !


if U want follow me and write comment ;*

AP-diddle said...

I keep losing your email...but I know you'll enjoy this mate.

Have a good chuckle.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18943_the-6-most-pointless-supervillain-schemes-ever-hatched.html