Saturday 9 July 2011

Planetside 2


I can't believe they're actually making a sequel! Planetside was my first MMO experience and, even though I was addicted to WoW for a period of time, this has probably remained my favourite. It was partly responsible for near failure in school and drove my Dad mental as he could never get on the family computer. Where most FPSs have at most 64 players duking it out at any one time, Planetside has thousands in a persistant real time world, where individual battles can involve upward of 500 players. On each side. RPG elements made everything that more compelling in what were pretty much the most epic war scenarios I've ever experienced. I've actually been rather surprised that since its original launch in 2003, no one has really tried to copy it in any meaningful way. Regardless, I can't wait for this epic winning formula to return more polished.

Fuckin' A!

0 comments: