Wednesday 22 December 2010

150kg of Iron


So after a year of training, I thought it might be 'fun' to see how far I had progressed in terms of strength. To test, I decided to try and lift as heavy as possible on the granddaddy of all gym moves, the Deadlift (tm). I had, during the year, worked my way up to what I thought was a plateau of 130kg. This video however shows me performing a 1 rep max (the maximum weight you can lift for one repetition) at 150kg. It also explains much about Shaolin monks and their push-up techniques. However, whilst this shows a 150kg Deadlift, it did not show what happened after, where I proceeded to do the same with 160kg. Av had buggered off somewhere with his camera so the evidence was not recorded. I think he was just jealous. =)

Note Av flexing and checking himself out in the mirror.

0 comments: